Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bottles



 When we got into the NICU the nurses said we needed to feed Bradley
 through a bottle so that they could monitor how he ate and how much he ate.
 I was fine with this and was happy to show them that he was having problems eating,
 but that it was gradual.
But it meant I needed to pump.
Frequently.
To get up to 2oz ever three hours I started pumping every hour.
Because of the stress, I had almost lost my supply and it was a lot of work to get it back!!
 





 
 

 


 
Love

 
Sick

 
The kids came for visits.
We all loved on him and woke him up, but I know he was glad to see us.
 

One day while I was rubbing his feet and feeling so helpless I realized
he needed me to come rub him with MY loving touch.

The nurses have to much to do to be able to lovingly touch each baby.
They only touch when they have to do something.
Every time other people touched him it was usually to draw blood,
or give him an new IV or test his blood sugars.

HE NEEDED OUR LOVING TOUCH...
AND HE COULD TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN US AND THE NURSES.


SO I KEPT GOING TO GIVE HIM MY LOVING TOUCH AND
TO LET HIM KNOW THAT PEOPLE STILL LOVED HIM.

And sometimes I was at the right time to give him a bottle.
And he would drink the WHOLE thing in 5 minutes.
But he got infections twice while they were feeding him with the bottles and
I was glad they were finally seeing what I had been talking about.
BUT I hated seeing Bradley sick and hearing that it was
mysterious why he would get sick after eating for a few days.
And this puzzled me.