Sunday, September 2, 2012

Blind and Believing

 
 
This is the only photo I have from Bradley's Birth.
Can you tell I was supposed to lay on my back?
I was so frightened when I saw him, I could not sit down.
I was pacing so much, I started to hemorrhage and I fainted.
And after that my midwife scolded me and told me I was not to get up for 12 hours.
 
Tom took Bradley downstairs and fed him a bottle.
And Tom recounts that Bradley and him had eye contact for quite sometime.
And Tom understood Bradley was a strong little fella.
And Tom brought him to me later and had to tell me what a strong spirit Bradley had.
 

 
If we really believe the things we have been taught,
then we know it is not so bad that Bradley might be blind during his life.
We believe that everyone, including Bradley was there,
when all the beautiful things on this earth were made.
And Bradley HAS seen the Grand Canyon, the Pacific Ocean and Yosemite.
He has seen all the beautiful things that Heavenly Father made him.
He was there!
 
 
And now, behold, I say unto you, that these are the generations of the heaven and of the earth,
when they were created,  in the day that I, the Lord God, made the heaven and the earth,

And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew.
 For I, the Lord God, created all things, of which I have spoken,
spiritually before they were naturally upon the face of the earth.
 For I, the Lord God, had not caused it to rain upon the face of the earth.
And I, the Lord God, had created all the children of men;
and not yet a man to till the ground;
 for in heaven created I them;
and there was not yet flesh upon the earth,
neither in the water, neither in the air;
 But I, the Lord God, spake,
and there went up a mist from the earth,
and watered the whole face of the ground.

And I, the Lord God, formed man from the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul,
the first flesh upon the earth, the first man also; nevertheless, all things were before created;
but spiritually were they created and made according to my word.
Moses 3:4-7
 

 
And my feeling is Bradley did see my face at one time.
I remember lying in bed those first two weeks and we made eye contact while he nursed.
And I feel like it has been a progressive loss.
And that is okay.
We lose things sometimes in this life.
And that is why the resurrection will be so glorious!
 
 
The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul;
yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body;
yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost;
 but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame.
Alma 40:23


And to quote my mamma; this is just more of his earth stuff!
The only thing that matters is his eternal stuff!!
And I KNOW his eternal stuff has already been worked out!