Monday, February 4, 2013

That Will Be A Beautiful Day

 
Sometimes, I don't know how I got here.
Why I was sent a baby who's health is failing.
Sometimes I wonder, "What was the purpose of this??"
 
Today was a good day for Bradley. He was awake. He babbled.
He was feeling good and that made me feel good too.
And our nurse was here.
And I could breath.
My shoulders relaxed.
And I dusted places that haven't been dusted in 18 months.
 
And when he was falling asleep tonight, he had a seizure which made him gasp for air.
And I sat and helplessly watched my Son try to breath.
 
 
Those moments. Those precious moments which are fleeting.
The times when his eyes are normal.
And he acts like he used to.
They are becoming less and less.
 
 
And I miss my boy.
 And those tiny moments give me hope for the day
when I will see him in the fullness of who he really is.
 
 
When he will hold up his head.
And his eyes will be open.
And he speaks to me.
That will be a beautiful day.