Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Earth Stuff

Mothers are amazing people.
The whole world would cease to function without Mothers.

Last night I talked with my Mom on the phone.
We were talking about Bradley.
I was crying.

She was telling me how wonderful it is to have him.
That he's teaching our whole family a whole lot.


I told her I secretly don't feel this way.
That I'm worried about his future.
That I don't know if he'll ever walk or talk or be married or have a normal life.
And do you know what she said?

She told me that all the stuff I'm worried about is just his "EARTH STUFF"
She told me to stop worrying about his EARTH STUFF.
'If he is special", she said, "the EARTH STUFF doesn't matter!"

She said there is more to his life than the stuff he does on the earth.
And his ETERNAL STUFF will be okay if none of his EARTH STUFF works out.

I love my Mom