Saturday, October 1, 2011

Special Plans



Madeleine and Bradley have always had a special bond.
When he was admitted to the NICU and she wasn't allowed to visit, she had a really hard time.
When I was pregnant we said that we would be blessing the baby the same time we
baptized Madeleine because the family would all be here.







But I didn't anticipate this:


That night in the PICU, I started thinking about planning a funeral instead of a blessing.
I thought about how sad Maddy would be to bury her little brother
instead of having her special day with him.
And I knew, that if that happened, we would see him again
and that he would be all perfect and white when we did.
And that was a comfort.


After he was stabilized and moved into the NICU,
we went to the distribution center to purchase his blessing outfit.
Things were still unsure with him and
 I imagined what it would look like to lay his tiny body in a coffin,
in the outfit that I bought.  


I CANNOT BELIEVE I HAVE LIVED THROUGH THE LAST TWO MONTHS.
THIS DOES NOT FEEL LIKE MY LIFE!


And I am so grateful that NONE of those things that I imagined came true!
I'm so glad he is home safe in my bed with me now.
I'm so glad to be planning this special day for Madeleine AND Bradley.



It is going to be a BEAUTIFUL day!


Isaiah 9:2
The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light:
they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.