Thursday, December 8, 2011

Giving and Recieving

And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves:
for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8


Last night, as a family, we walked around Target looking at Christmas things and dreaming.

There was a large group of teenage girls giggling and talking excitedly
as we passed them by the dollar section.

Tom mumbled to himself, “Wo! Watch out!”

I laughed.

When we got to the back of the store, another group of girls was gathered around a cart with two adults discussing if a 12 year old girl would like some clothes they had picked.
I could tell they were doing a service project.
They were shopping for Christmas for someone;
some family in need.
My heart was warm as I imagined a twelve year old girl
gazing at the beautiful clothes on Christmas morning.



Right after Bradley was released from the NICU we had an appointment across the valley
and so we stopped to fill the tank at the station.
As I slid my card in I realized I had forgotten my PIN.
It had been 7 weeks since I had been shopping FOR ANYTHING!
We had survived on the dinners and service of others.

Service warms the soul.
It sanctifies us.
It makes us more holy.
It makes us more like God.
This year I have been the receiver of SO much service!
Some from long time friends and family;
Some from people I have NEVER and WILL NEVER meet.
Our burdens have been lifted by others.

And I wish that I could repay EACH person who has given,
because I have a work ethic that makes me want to.
But I know that it is impossible.
EVEN if I KNEW THEM ALL,

and gave back value for value what was given,
I could never give them the warmth that I’VE felt, as I received;
WHICH IS WORTH WAY MORE THAN THE MONITARY VALUE!
GODS  HANDS ARE OTHERS HANDS.
I’ve seen, through this trial, that he IS aware of me and my tiny family, and our tiny struggles.
 
I have so much to be grateful for.

And there have been times that I've been upset
with him for giving me this trial.

And STILL God has never forsaken me!
He really does love his children.