Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Great Parents

 I'm kinda in the mood to complain a little.

Today Bradley had Physical Therapy.

When he was finished stretching with the therapist she said "I can tell you guys are great parents"

I was almost in shock.
I'm sure I gave her a very puzzled stare.

When we got out to the car, I tearfully told Tom that
I had NEVER heard one person at Sunrise tell us that.

The nurses were constantly telling me how much I had SCREWED
up Bradley by having him at home and at 44 weeks.

CONSTANTLY!

And after we were released I really wanted to get a survey in the mail so I could complain about their nurses not being able to keep their opinions to themselves.

BUT I NEVER GOT A SURVEY!
I don't think Sunrise really cares about patient satisfaction.


 But I am grateful that Sunrise DID save his life.
And I'm grateful I get to hang the six stockings this year like I had planned last.
I know that if we had lost him my tears would have watered the
decorations more than they already did this year.



The Endocrinologist is shedding more light on Bradley's Hypo parathyroid.
He said we need to think of it like a birth defect that Bradley doesn't have a parathyroid gland.
He said it can never come back, he just doesn't have one, just like a person who's born without limbs.

Tom looked it up later.
The parathyroid gland is as big as a GRAIN OF RICE!
THAT'S TINY!
What are the chances?



And we can easily control this problem with high doses of oral calcium supplements.
Endo says he will never grow out of this.
Endo said in his practice of 6,000 kids he has 6 or 7 patients who were missing their parathyroid gland, at birth, like Bradley.
Endo also said Bradley is gaining weight, but not growing much in length.
We talked about growth hormones at the age of two.
SCARES ME A LITTLE!
But really, what hasn't been scary about Bradley.

Next week he has his circumcision.
Yep, it's a surgery, at the hospital, where he needs anaesthesia.
He has a urologist too, because nothing is simple for our Bradley.


HOPE THAT WASN'T TOO MUCH COMPLAINING FOR YOU!
But sometimes I just got to vent too!