Sunday, July 22, 2012

If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small

Proverbs 24:10

Yesterday I got a copy of the letter from the Physical Therapist
that was sent to the insurance to explain our need for a wheelchair for Bradley.
It is three pages long and talks about Bradley and all of his disabilities.
Everything he cannot do.


The letter ends by saying this;
"Bradley will require a means of mobility for the remainder of his life."


That head!
If I could hold it up for him, I WOULD!
I so desperately want him to use his trunk and control his sitting on his own.
But as much as we try, he still cannot.



He has given me so many burdens.
Things to worry about and fret over.


And still God has been with us.
Helping us.
Comforting us.
Showing me what to do.
Showing me what to feed Bradley.
Prompting me to go to the hospital.
Making me stronger.

This has been the first thing in my life I have really had NO controll over.
And I know, in the end, it doesn't matter if he holds up his head ever.
And that comfort comes from God and knowing the eternal picture.
And me turning my will over to Gods will.


And I will ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders,
that even you cannot feel them upon your backs,
even while you are in bondage;
and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter,
and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God,
do visit my people in their afflictions.
Mosiah 24:14