Saturday, July 7, 2012

Two Frogs


 Every morning we must make choices.


Sometimes the only choice we have is our attitude.


Even with all I'm going through I'm still choosing to be happy.


 I read this story when I was a kid in my Mom's book of inspirational stories.
There was something about this story that I really loved as a child.
I think I read it in a talk or two even.
And I still love it.
And it really applies to my life now.


Two Frogs

Two frogs fell into a deep cream bowl,
One was an optimistic soul;
But the other took the gloomy view,
"I shall drown," he cried, "and so will you."

So with a last despairing cry,
He closed his eyes and said, "Good-bye."
But the other frog, with a merry grin
Said, "I can't get out, but I won't give in!
I'll swim around till my strength is spent.
For having tried, I'll die content."
Bravely he swam until it would seem
His struggles began to churn the cream.

On the top of the butter at last he stopped
And out of the bowl he happily hopped.
What is the moral? It's easily found.
If you can't get out -- keep swimming around!

Author Unknown