Sunday, January 1, 2012

Prints in His Hands

   
My patriarchal blessing talks about me becoming a Mother.
It talks about the weight of the calling of being blessed to be a Mother.
And it says that if I hold fast to the gospel principles I will reap the full benefits of that blessing.

There have been Sundays I've thought about ditching church.
Especially with Bradley's health history.
And all of the children and their germs at church.
But I KNOW that my job of being a Mother will go smoother if I take my kids to church.
And so today I took them. Bradley and all of them.


Sacrament was wonderful.
The speakers spoke about the new year and commitment to our new goals.
Then in Sunday school the teacher introduced the section of scriptures we are studying this year.
The Book of Mormon.
Most non-Mormons think the Book of Mormon was written by Joe Smith and so it is about him.
But it is NOT!
It is about our Savior Jesus Christ and his life and ministry on the American Continent.
The teacher asked us to tell our favorite part of the Book of Mormon that testifies of Christ.
He went around the room.
Each person giving their faves.

My heart was racing as I knew my most favorite part of
the Book of Mormon and I felt inspired to share it.

When he got to me, I got emotional and so I could not say what I had wanted.


But THIS is my favorite part:

3 Nephi 11

13 And it came to pass that the aLord spake unto them saying:
14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may athrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may bfeel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the cGod of Israel, and the God of the whole dearth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.
15 And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and adid feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.


I really hope that someday when I see the Savior again
 he will invite me to do the same and come touch his hands and his side.
And I hope that in that moment I remember with a perfect memory what he did for me on the cross.
What he did for my children.
For all of mankind.
That we too may become perfect again.
That our short comings, our imperfections will be made up; and be no longer.
And that Bradley will GET the perfect body that I so badly want for him.
That our time that we didn't have together will be made up to him and I; somehow.


I'm excited for that day.
And I imagine it often.

And I didn't get to say that; but that is what I know will happen.