Friday, February 17, 2012

A Vision


Today I'm so grateful for eyeglasses.
I never realized what a big difference they could make, until I had a child who could not see me.


 I don't know if I have ever seen this much of his eyes.



We picked up his glasses today and then took them with us to his
helmet doc to have her fit his helmet WITH his glasses.


The helmet doc is brilliant!
Bradley lens size doesn't match the typical length from the face to the back of the ears.
And she said she couldn't put them under his helmet but that she thought she could put them on top.
And she made velcro fasteners on the outside of his helmet to hold his glasses in place.
And she came to show me what she had done.
She asked if she could take pictures, of what she had fashioned for future reference,.
I said "YES!"
And when she was done, she turned her phone around for me to see.
AND FOR THE FIRST TIME I SAW BRADLEY LOOKING AT SOMETHING!
And I burst into tears and told her "THANK YOU!"


And I cried the whole way home.


I got home and shook some toys in front of his face and I could see that he saw them.
And then I fed him a bottle, and like my other babies he stared at my face the entire time!
And I cannot stop looking at him!
He sees me.


AND I KNOW THE GLASSES WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
They already are :)
And I'm so grateful for eyeglasses.