Sunday, February 5, 2012

His Last Creation

Today I taught young women's. The lesson was titled "Finding Joy Now."

I read the lesson and thought about how unsatisfied young women can be with their lives.
How unsatisfied they can feel about themselves and their bodies.


And I was thinking about everything that I have learned about my body these last few months.
How miraculous the body IS!
How wonderfully it functions and how beautiful it is!

And I've been thinking a lot about the creative process. And how things evolve.

How when you create you continue to improve upon original designs and plans.

And I've been thinking about my flowers and that they are beautiful,
BUT how they pale in comparison to Heavenly Father's flowers.

REALLY THEY ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE!
First of all my flowers don't reproduce. Or decompose and fertilize. Nor do they smell beautiful.
THEY ARE NOTHING CLOSE TO THE CREATORS FLOWERS, REALLY.

And ALL of his creations are so magnificent!












And do you know what he created last? That's right!

US!

And WOMEN were the very last of ALL of his creations.
We are the last beings he created!
We need to remember this when we criticize ourselves in the mirror and scrutinize our looks.
We are his most divine and most perfected creations.

WE are!