Saturday, September 17, 2011

Embrace It


Last night while rocking Bradley I was thinking about the day.
And what the Endocrinologist had said.
It doesn't have to be a bad thing if Bradley is different!

If he has a rare syndrome, it's amazing that he has lived.
MY body is amazing that it didn't let him have fetal demise.
HIS body is amazing that he didn't have fetal demise.
We are LUCKY to have Bradley.


And then I was looking at his hands. 
They are different than mine. 
His middle and ring finger are the same lengths.
His pointer and his pinkie are the same lengths.
That's kinda neat :)

And later while I was getting ready for his midnight feeding my cell phone alarm went off.
The alarm tone is a generic pop dance mix sound.
I started dancing and started singing "It's feeding time" to Bradley.
AND YOU KNOW WHAT HE DID?
He started dancing too!
He was shaking his head back and forth and smiling. 
I HAVE NEVER HAD A TWO MONTH OLD DANCE WITH ME.
I doubt most mothers have.

He strikes me as really bright; even with the swallowing thing.
He's cooing and vocalizing.
He makes the most intense eye contact.


I'm tired of hearing people say "sorry" when I tell them about Bradley.
He's unique and there is nothing to be sorry about.
I cannot wait to hear someone say, "You are so LUCKY to have him. He is so special!"


Thank you God for sending us our unique Bradley.