Wednesday, September 7, 2011

God's Son

How could the Father tell the world of love and tenderness?
He sent his Son, a newborn babe, with peace and holiness.
How could the Father show the world the pathway we should go?
He sent his Son to walk with men on earth, that we may know.
How could the Father tell the world of sacrifice, of death?
He sent his Son to die for us and rise with living breath.
What does the Father ask of us? What do the scriptures say?
Have faith, have hope, live like his Son, help others on their way.
What does he ask? Live like his Son.
-He Sent His Son, Children's Songbook, pg.34



Bradley is teaching me more about the atonement.
Honestly, I haven't had to rely on the atonement much in my life.
My life has always gone according to plan.
My life has been pretty easy. 
I've not had major sins.
I've not had bad things happen to me.
And now this.
Going through the unknowns of Bradley's condition.
 Waiting and seeing.
Wondering if we have caused his issues.
Wondering what his future holds.
Wondering why his body doesn't work.
Seeing the pain Bradley has gone through.
Having a broken heart from not being with him.
Laying in bed at night and wondering why he cannot be with me.
Losing the ability to feed him like a normal infant.
All of this has taught me more about the pain the Savior felt when he atoned for me.
When he atoned for Bradley.
When he atoned for all mankind.
I know that all this hurt I feel,
and all the time I've lost with Bradley will be made up to us one day.
One day we will get back all we have lost.
I'm looking forward to that day.