Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I DID FEED MY BABY!


I'm an over-feeder; I admit it.


My poor children!



I have hypoglycemia and so I think everyone around me is having drops in their blood sugar too.


Two weeks before Bradley was due my Sister and her family came to stay with us.
We eat about 5 meals a day because of my blood sugar problem.
By the end of her third night here, her family was crying because their stomachs were SO FULL!


I know I eat more often than most people because I feel like crap if I don't.
When I became a mother, my kids started eating on my schedule too.
Madeleine hates how often we eat.
Jacob doubled his birth weight at 1 month.
And Charlotte is hypoglycemic too, so she doesn't mind :)



So when Bradley got admitted for failure to thrive and the doctors in the
 PICU said we had just gotten behind on feedings that didn't make sense to me.


I feed my children!
I was shocked that the NICU only feeds babies 8 times in a 24 hour period.
 I feed my babies 9-12 times in 24 hours.
Like I said, I'm an over-feeder! LOL!


Today we learned that WHEN Bradley WAS admitted to the hospital his electrolytes were NOT off.
He was only low on calcium, which has been a constant problem he has had since being admitted.


And so we HADN'T gotten behind on feedings.
He had stopped sucking because he was lacking calcium which made his muscles stop working...
which makes so much more sense :)